Transform trc to mot

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
shuyang han

Re: Transform trc to mot

Post by shuyang han » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Ayman,

I have a basic question for motion analysis here. In the Cleveland Clinic markerset, there are some cluster markers (such as L.Thigh.Upper, L.Thigh.Front, etc.). What is the specific function of these makers? Because it seems that the segment could also be well defined without these markers (for example, definition of the knee joint by Knee.Lat, Knee.Med, Ankle.Lat, and Ankle.Med). I suppose these markers help increase the accuracy of results, but how? Thank you !
aymanh wrote:Hi Carlos,

The functionality "File->load motion..." in the GUI assumes that you have a motion .mot (or .sto) file that contains coordinate values, I expect trc files to contain only marker trajectories and as such it would not load as a motion (you won't see the model move even if markers do). To visualize trc files you should use the GUI option (File->Preview Experimental Data...) and this will load the the trc file and show the marker cloud and you can inspect the marker locations against time. If you have a loaded motion (e.g. IK solution) that can be associated with the the marker data,then you can use the "associate motion data" functionality, described here:
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... h+a+Motion

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Shuyang-

This question is irrelevant to this thread. Please post your question as a new question thread on the forum.

Thankyou,
-James

shuyang han

Post by shuyang han » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 am

Ok, Thank you.
jimmy wrote:Shuyang-

This question is irrelevant to this thread. Please post your question as a new question thread on the forum.

Thankyou,
-James

cristina vulpiani

Post by cristina vulpiani » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:29 am

hello everyone!
I have another question : is possible to analyze only Inverse Kinematics, if I extract from MocapSystem a .trc file?
I can use it direct in Opensim?
and I could upgrade it with a model predefine in Opensim or I have to build an xml- file ?