Adding muscles as forces

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Alejandro Medina

Adding muscles as forces

Post by Alejandro Medina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi,

I'm developing the tutorial "Performing a Simulation Part Three". At the point of adding the muscles as forces, i can build and run the code with no problem but when i load the model in OpenSim the muscles are nowhere. Somebody knows what am i doing wrong or if there's something else i should do additional to the code provided by the tutorial?

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alejandro Medina

Re: Adding muscles as forces

Post by Alejandro Medina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:34 pm

I also finished writing the code til the point where it says to compile and run the program

Thanks

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 am

Dear Alejandro,

First of all drag and drop the model that you generated into OpenSim GUI and double check for any error message in the message window. Then go to Navigator/Forces/Muscles and check if you can see the muscle there, probalby you need to show them (right click). If it doesn't work open the osim with an editor and find the ForceSet. If it is missing you didn't add any forces in the process of building the model (check the source code).

Hope it helps,
Jim

dayo adekoya

Post by dayo adekoya » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Hey guys,

I am super new to the software can you brief me on how to add more muscles to a model eg arm26. I have tried to use the MoBL dynamic upper arm model but unfortunately the zip file doesnt open directly except i copy it to a folder but in doing that i realised i couldnt put the model to motion. Can anyone help tell me how to add muscles to the forearm of arm 26 model or how to put MoBL dynamic upper arm model to motion.

I basically just want to observe the muscle motion so i can identify were to put my emg signals i am designing for my thesis . Will be glad to get a response ASAP.

Maddy Fernand

Post by Maddy Fernand » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 am

I have followed the same procedure to add the muscles, but it was giving an error. Is there some other procedure to add the muscles..?
------------------
Orthopedic Group Long Island
Last edited by Maddy Fernand on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sajad Bagherian

Post by Sajad Bagherian » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:28 am

Hi
if some one need helps, send his or her data and i will check.
Regards