Custom model.

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andrea Morelli

RE: Custom model.

Post by Andrea Morelli » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

Hi Sam, thank you for your link.

I have a problem downloading your presentation at NACOB. (Advanced uses of OpenSim by Sam Hamner
) can you check if the link is OK ? I reach to download all other presentation without problem.
Thank you and all the people involved in this project for your amazing and helpful work.

Thank you
Andrea

Kathleen Reilly

Post by Kathleen Reilly » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:34 am

Sam-also, the link to your part of the OpenSim workshop presentation at NACOB doesn't seem to be working:
https://simtk.org/docman/?group_id=91
"Advanced Uses of OpenSim".

The other links are working. Can you please update this?

Sam Hamner

Post by Sam Hamner » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Andrea & Kathleen. :-)

The links should be working now.

Cheers,
Sam

Joseph Alston

Post by Joseph Alston » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Samuel,

I also have looked at your model, and I was hoping you could answer a question for me. What is the purpose of the "SpeedSet" section of the model?

Joseph

Sam Hamner

Post by Sam Hamner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Joseph,

Currently a "speed set" is need in the model file for use by the SimBody dynamics engine. However, we realized that it was kind of silly to have to declare the speed set and just set it to zero. So, in OpenSim 1.6 (to be release soon) there will be a new model file (.osim) format that is much more concise (esp with respect to coord/joint definitions) and does not require the speed set to be declared explicitly.

Cheers,
Sam

Joseph Alston

Post by Joseph Alston » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Sam,

Again, thank you for the information that you have given me. I probably don't understand the motion files very well, but how are the initial velocities and accelerations determined for the kinematic and dynamic calculations of a given simulation?

Joseph

Joseph Alston

Post by Joseph Alston » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 am

Samuel,

I'm trying to further understand the joint definitions and coordinate systems. I've been looking through some different joints in different models. When the rotational degrees of freedom are specified, they are defined "r1," "r2," and "r3" with axes defined for each rotation. Are the rotational DOF determining a primary, secondary, tertiary rotation frames? Or are the axes defining an initial orientation for the body? My other question is when the axes are defined for a body in the model file, are they based of a global coordinated system or that body's immediate parent?

Joseph