No "Preview static pose" in version 3.3

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jernej Camernik

No "Preview static pose" in version 3.3

Post by Jernej Camernik » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03 am

Hi,

I have noticed that in version 3.3 (32 and 64bit) the option "Preview static pose (no marker movement)" in scaling tool doesn't work (at least in my case). In version 3.2 when I ticked that option, I would get the model with two sets of markers - the one I placed (pink colour) and the markers from TRC file (blue colour). In version 3.3 however, I only get the pink markers. Is this a common issue?

Best regards,
Jernej

Vishal R

Re: No "Preview static pose" in version 3.3

Post by Vishal R » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:38 am

Hi

That is the new feature in OpenSim 3.3.
http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... penSim+3.3
It fixes the virtual marker with experimental markers, that's why you are not able to view the virtual markers.

Cheers,
Vishal

Jernej Camernik

Post by Jernej Camernik » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:13 am

Hi,

thank you for your answer. However I can not see, how can I benefit from this new 'feature', since it eliminates the possibility to visually inspect the placement of the virtual markers. Or, am I missing something?

Best regards,
Jernej

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:08 pm

The method you were using produced incorrect results. So it was eliminated.

Once you scale your model, select 'view experimental data' to load the static markers into the gui for comparison.

Jernej Camernik

Post by Jernej Camernik » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:41 pm

This makes sense now. Thank you!
BR
Jernej

CHAN CHOW KHUEN

Post by CHAN CHOW KHUEN » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi All,

In the previous OpenSim 3.2, upon completing the scaling procedure, we need to check the maximum marker error is less than 2cm and the RMS error less than 1cm. As what you have mentioned in the previous comments, does it mean that we can ignore the factors of maximum marker error and the RMS error in OpenSim 3.3?

Chan

Sarah Roelker

Post by Sarah Roelker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 am

jimmy wrote:The method you were using produced incorrect results. So it was eliminated.

Once you scale your model, select 'view experimental data' to load the static markers into the gui for comparison.
James,

I have a couple questions about your post. What about the method of visually inspecting the placement of the virtual markers with respect to the location of the experimental markers was producing incorrect results? And how is the "Preview Experimental Data" option different from this previous method?

I have tried using the "Preview Experimental Data" option under the File menu of 3.3 to view the experimental markers for comparison. However, I get the following error "Couldn't load data and/or model for display. Possible reasons" data file has incorrect format or resource file _openSimlab.osim missing." This error occurred when using the example gait2392 model and trying to preview the experimental subject01_stat.trc data after scaling the model using the example scale setup code. Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you,
Sarah Schloemer

David John Saxby

Post by David John Saxby » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi All,

I've changed machines, re-installed v3.3 64bit and I also have the same issue Sarah mentions, where using 2392 I cannot preview .trc markers from the static trial using the preview experimental data option.

Weird no?

David

Nirav Maniar

Post by Nirav Maniar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:18 pm

schloemer7 wrote:
jimmy wrote:The method you were using produced incorrect results. So it was eliminated.

James,

I have a couple questions about your post. What about the method of visually inspecting the placement of the virtual markers with respect to the location of the experimental markers was producing incorrect results? And how is the "Preview Experimental Data" option different from this previous method?

I have tried using the "Preview Experimental Data" option under the File menu of 3.3 to view the experimental markers for comparison. However, I get the following error "Couldn't load data and/or model for display. Possible reasons" data file has incorrect format or resource file _openSimlab.osim missing." This error occurred when using the example gait2392 model and trying to preview the experimental subject01_stat.trc data after scaling the model using the example scale setup code. Do you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you,
Sarah Schloemer
saxbyd wrote:Hi All,

I've changed machines, re-installed v3.3 64bit and I also have the same issue Sarah mentions, where using 2392 I cannot preview .trc markers from the static trial using the preview experimental data option.

Weird no?

David
Hi guys,

Try running the program as admin (right clicking on the OpenSim icon, then "Run as administrator"). I have overcome this issue in the past by using this method.

Cheers,
Nirav

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:19 am

from a previous post
The 'Preview Static Pose' option in GUI was incorrect and was presenting incorrect results. In the previous versions, it may have looked like the markers hadn't moved but they had. So there was a disconnect between what was presented on the screen and the actual changes to the model.
David, we haven't been able to replicate your issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Perhaps try Nirav's suggestion and get back to us.