Real-time inverse kinematics through streaming marker data

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Richardo Khonasty

Real-time inverse kinematics through streaming marker data

Post by Richardo Khonasty » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm trying to implement opensim for a real-time strength calculation and am currently stuck at trying to perform the inverse kinematics from the opensim api realtime. Would anyone have any idea as to what class or method that I could look into to perform this and what is required to be passed into the inverse kinematic function?

jimmy d

Re: Real-time inverse kinematics through streaming marker da

Post by jimmy d » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 am

There isn't any inbuilt data handling classes that allow for streaming data. This is something that we hope we can provide in a future realease.

To do this you would have to build your own C++ data class that is able to stream data to the IKsolver.

Cheers,
-J

Leonardo Consoni

Re: Real-time inverse kinematics through streaming marker da

Post by Leonardo Consoni » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:42 am

Hi. I have interest on this as well, but I am a little lost. The method that needs to be overwriten in MarkerData is getFrame, right ? Could I do this even if it's not a virtual method ?

Besides, the .trc file contains information about marker names, sampling rate, x, y and z positions over time. How could I fill this data manually ?

Thanks in advance.