I don't see anything in the viewer window!

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Scott Guthart

I don't see anything in the viewer window!

Post by Scott Guthart » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:05 pm

I just installed OpenSim 3.3 and opened the included 3DGaitModel2392 however, nothing appears in the viewing window. See attached screenshot.

Thanks!
Attachments
Untitled 3.jpg

Ayman Habib

Re: I don't see anything in the viewer window!

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi,

The screen capture shows no "View" window altogether. If this was accidentally closed, you can open a new one using the menu option "Window -> Add View".

Please try that and let us know how it goes. It'd also be helpful to point out whether you're on 32 or 64 bit machine, and Operating System and if earlier versions of OpenSim ran on the same machine/platform.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Scott Guthart

Post by Scott Guthart » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi Ayman!

Thank you for your post. I did try the add view option, but there is no change and the screen still appears as shown in the screenshot. This is my first time installing the program, and it has yet to display any visual output.

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 as a virtual machine on my macbook. I have tried running the program in Windows' Compatibility Mode, simulating Windows 8.

Let me know if there's anything else you suggest! I am very eager to get Opensim up and running on my machine. :D

Thanks,

Scott

Jiang Ping

Post by Jiang Ping » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:49 am

seguthart wrote:Hi Ayman!

Thank you for your post. I did try the add view option, but there is no change and the screen still appears as shown in the screenshot. This is my first time installing the program, and it has yet to display any visual output.

I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 as a virtual machine on my macbook. I have tried running the program in Windows' Compatibility Mode, simulating Windows 8.

Let me know if there's anything else you suggest! I am very eager to get Opensim up and running on my machine. :D

Thanks,

Scott
I'm not sure where is the problem. Maybe you'd better check whether java platform was installed correctly. In my case, it works well in Windows 10 64-bit.

Scott Guthart

Post by Scott Guthart » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:35 pm

I was able to fix this working by installing the 32 bit version instead which is odd considering that I have a 64 bit machine.

DEEPAK CHAUDHARY

Post by DEEPAK CHAUDHARY » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello scott,

Its being long time since you face the problem, i also gone through same phase recently that nothing visible on screen. I would suggest you to please restart the opensimulator and then add view from window option given on left corner, after that go to file menu and select model. I will assure you it will work now. Have a chance brother, you will enjoy.