Speed of Video Recording

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Aaron Godfrey

Speed of Video Recording

Post by Aaron Godfrey » Wed May 18, 2016 4:53 am

I need to record a video of the motion for individual joints, but the save results from the recording are always way too fast - much, much faster than the motion/time it takes to actual play through the motion I am trying to record. When recording a .mot, it's at least possible to slow down the speed (say, from 1 to .1) and then further slow it down with Windows Movie Maker, but it's a huge hassle to have to manually space out every single delta-theta when trying to record the motion for specific joints. Is there a way to change the way videos are recorded to make them record in real time, rather than what appears to be 1000x real time?

Thanks!

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Speed of Video Recording

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 am

Hi,
Is there a way to change the way videos are recorded to make them record in real time, rather than what appears to be 1000x real time?
What do you mean 1000x real time? I imagine that the recording device samples at some frequency e.g 100 frames/s. When you play the video afterwards, if you know the sampling frequency of your device you can observe the motion in the same timescale as your original motion. If for some reason you need to observe in a slow motion you can post process the video and save it with different sampling frequency (e.g. instead of 100 frames to be 1sec real time, 50 frames -> 1sec). I think you can use Matlab to read and write video files.

Best

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Wed May 18, 2016 11:00 am

Aaron-

This is a known issue with 64-bit versions, the details and workarounds are in the documentation.

Future GUI releases will be using a different visualizer.

-J

Brad Humphreys

Post by Brad Humphreys » Sun May 22, 2016 9:08 am

Here is some MATLAB code that is a work around: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=6029&p=15342&start=0&view=

Brad