Converting polydata(.ply) to Discrete(.dsm)

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Akash Gupta

Converting polydata(.ply) to Discrete(.dsm)

Post by Akash Gupta » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:34 am

Hello Everybody!

I'm trying to convert a Polydata(.ply) model to a discrete model(.dsm). I've tried opening the Polydata file in SimVascular (latest version-Windows OS) and then converting to a Discrete model using the button labelled ,"Create Discrete Model from selected Polydata" under the "Discrete" tab in the "Model" tab. However , this action causes an error, the details from the error log are pasted below:

ERROR creating solid ()
ERROR creating solid ()
while executing
"guiSV_model_create_discrete_model_from_polydata"
invoked from within
".guiCV.tframe3.tpanedwindow4.tframe6.tpanedwindow0.tframe2.frame2.frame3.notebook6.tframe6.tframe10.notebook1.tframe3.tlabelframe11.tframe2.tbutton1 i..."
invoked from within
".guiCV.tframe3.tpanedwindow4.tframe6.tpanedwindow0.tframe2.frame2.frame3.notebook6.tframe6.tframe10.notebook1.tframe3.tlabelframe11.tframe2.tbutton1 i..."
invoked from within
(command bound to event)

I know that that in older versions of Simvascular, an option existed to convert STL or Polydata files to .dsm, is that function still available? Or is it necessary to perform certain operations on the Polydata model before the file can be converted to a discrete model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You!

Adam Updegrove

Re: Converting polydata(.ply) to Discrete(.dsm)

Post by Adam Updegrove » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 am

Hi Akash,

A discrete model is part of MeshSim, which a commercial software from Simmetrix. If this was possible in a previous version, then you had a license for MeshSim.

This is still possible if you obtain MeshSim license and get the commercial version of SimVascular.

Thanks!

SimVascular Development Team

Akash Gupta

Post by Akash Gupta » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Adam,
Thank You for the info! I do have a meshsim license and I've tried to install it using the "Install License keys" button in the License tab under the MeshSim tab under the Meshing tab. After I select the license file, SimVascular asks me to restart, when I click on Yes, it crashes. If I click on No and manually restart SimVascular, the license doesn't seem to be installed.

Is there an alternate way to install the MeshSim license?

Thank You!
Akash Gupta

Adam Updegrove

Post by Adam Updegrove » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:44 am

You downloaded this version of SimVascular from the simtk website correct? The reason it isn't working in this case is because that version of SimVascular is a public version without the commercial components. You are using Windows correct? I will talk to one of the other developers to find the best way to get you the version with the commercial component MeshSim since you have a license.

Akash Gupta

Post by Akash Gupta » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Adam,

I did download Simvascular from the simtk website and yes, I am using Windows(Windows 10). I'd be very grateful if the Linux version could also be made available to me ( I have a workstation with Linux installed - Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela). Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank You!
Akash Gupta