Scaling procedure

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Ana Algora

Scaling procedure

Post by Ana Algora » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:23 am

Hello,

I would like to scale a model which has no virtual (pink) markers defined. On the other hand, I have a static .trc file with 41 experimental markers. Even though I have read the guide and some forum posts, I cannot get an idea of how to do this.

It seems that the Virtual Marker Set .xml file is where you need to define the virtual markers, but I do not know how to obtain or define this file or what location assign to each virtual marker.

Thank you very much in advance,

Ana

KATHLEEN BALFOUR

Re: Scaling procedure

Post by KATHLEEN BALFOUR » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:42 am

anaalgora wrote:Hello,

I would like to scale a model which has no virtual (pink) markers defined. On the other hand, I have a static .trc file with 41 experimental markers. Even though I have read the guide and some forum posts, I cannot get an idea of how to do this.
Hi Ana,
Try these videos. They might help answer some of your questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5f7OMkfRBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z0_aWIgosY
anaalgora wrote: It seems that the Virtual Marker Set .xml file is where you need to define the virtual markers, but I do not know how to obtain or define this file or what location assign to each virtual marker.
For this file: My team and I have created files that represent the marker sets we use during trials. This file is created by right clicking MARKERS and Adding new markers until the full set used in trials appears on the model. We save this file and just re-use it for other OpenSim modeling. For example, we have a marker set saved as HelenHayes.xml and we use this for the majority of our OpenSim analyses.

Hope this helped!
Kathleen

Ana Algora

Re: Scaling procedure

Post by Ana Algora » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:37 am

It helped, indeed. Thank you very much!