Molmodel trunk updated to use Simbody 3.0

Provide C++ API for creating molecular models whose dynamics can be simulated using the SimTK Simbody library. A link to the online API reference documentation for Molmodel can be found on the Documents page.
Michael Sherman

Molmodel trunk updated to use Simbody 3.0

Post by Michael Sherman » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

For anyone building Molmodel from source:

I just created branches/Molmodel2.3 from the trunk, and then updated the trunk so that it is compatible with the Simbody trunk, which is currently Simbody 3.0. There were a few API incompatibilities between Simbody 3.0 and earlier releases that affected Molmodel.

So ... you can use the Molmodel 2.3 branch with Simbody's Simbody2.3 branch, or you can used the Molmodel trunk (3.0) with the Simbody trunk (also 3.0), but you can't mix and match!

Regards,
Sherm

David Minh

Re: Molmodel trunk updated to use Simbody 3.0

Post by David Minh » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Does Molmodel work with the latest Simbody, 3.5.4? I'm not sure how to set all the options for Simbody_*.
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.26.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.26.55 PM.png (198.53 KiB) Viewed 766 times

Michael Sherman

Post by Michael Sherman » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Should work since the API is unchanged. Hasn't been tested though. Please post if you get it to work.

Frank Eisenmenger

Post by Frank Eisenmenger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 am

Hi,

On my Linux Box (Fedora 24), I compiled, tested & installed simbody from sources to /usr/local/SimTK.

When 'cmaking' molmodel/trunk, everything goes fine, until

Building CXX object examples/CMakeFiles/ExampleLoadPdb.dir/ExampleLoadPdb.cpp.o
/home/frank/Software/MolModel/molmodel/trunk/examples/ExampleLoadPdb.cpp: In function ‘int main()’:
/home/frank/Software/MolModel/molmodel/trunk/examples/ExampleLoadPdb.cpp:18:31: error: no matching function for call to ‘SimTK::PDBReader::createCompounds(SimTK::CompoundSystem&)’
pdb.createCompounds(system);

Something similar happens when tests are compiled:

Building CXX object tests/CMakeFiles/TestPdb.dir/TestPdb.cpp.o
/home/frank/Software/MolModel/molmodel/trunk/tests/TestPdb.cpp: In function ‘void testMatchDefaultBreaksPlanarity()’:
/home/frank/Software/MolModel/molmodel/trunk/tests/TestPdb.cpp:120:44: error: no matching function for call to ‘SimTK::RNA::matchDefaultAtomChirality(SimTK::Compound::AtomTargetLocations&)’

Do I missed out some environment settings ?

Best,
Frank