GIL trials

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
qin geyu

GIL trials

Post by qin geyu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 am

I recently analysis the human lower limb ,Through the study of the experimental data GIL series about May Liu's walking study in the Stanford Web site , I want to get the joint torque curve in Figure 2 in paper named 《Muscle contributions to support and progression over a range of walking speeds.》
Some of the problems are as follows:
1. How to get the shadow area : At the same speeds conditions, the mot file time data of eight subjects are different, how to average, How to calculate the standard deviation value.
2. Black curve How to get: does the simulation of the joint angles average curve get via the results of IK— ik.mot, and if so, there are the same problem like 1., if not, then how to get their data and the average calculation.
3. If I want to get a simulation of the speed, acceleration curve, how to achieve, how to get it ,by the joint angle curve ?for what kind of calculation, or from which analysis tool, or other methods.

does anyone study this area ? Leave your email address please,Hope to be able to exchange ideas~
thank you

Thomas Uchida

Re: GIL trials

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:17 pm

One way to generate a figure like Fig 2 in Liu et al. (2008) would be to use interpolation to obtain samples at 0, 1, …, 100 percent gait cycle for each subject, compute the mean and standard deviation across all subjects at each of these 101 points, and then interpolate to plot C0-continuous curves.

If you have only the joint angles, then you could compute the angular velocities and angular accelerations through differentiation—though some smoothing/filtering may be necessary. You might try the Kinematics Analysis (https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_ ... atics.html) or a generic numerical software package like Matlab.

qin geyu

Post by qin geyu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm

There are also have some questions:
1.The Data is insufficient, the original data packet is only about 90% of the gait data; 2.the trend of GIL04 is highly different with other curves, is there a data modification method?3. on the basis of 90% of the data ,Draw each experimental curve, Spline interpolation, each mot curve is divided into 100 copies, obtained the function value of 101 points at each curve, Compute the average and the deviation of corresponding points at the 8 curves,and then draw the curve, get the range of Upper and lower limits, but according to this method, the results obtained is very different Compared with the article(Ignore symbols and compare values only), where is the problem of the method?
Attachments
2.jpg
my result
2.jpg (82.37 KiB) Viewed 235 times
1.png
the result of the paper
1.png (28.54 KiB) Viewed 235 times

qin geyu

Post by qin geyu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 am

The experimental data in the figure is the shaded area data, the simulation result is black line, and the simulation data is finished by which tool in the opensim, how can I get the curve ? thanks a lot ~~~