Static optimization

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
rajat das

Re: Static optimization

Post by rajat das » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:30 am

Hi,

1. I am attaching "StaticOptimization_force.xls" file. I have deleted few columns because of size. Kindly look into the FX,FY,FZ, MX,MY,MZ and see that it is in acceptable range or not. Otherwise what I should do ?

2. From these "StaticOptimization_force.xls" after the muscle column file we get similar columns which generates from Inverse Kinematics also (hip_flexion_r, hip_adduction_r, hip_rotation_r). What is the difference between these two values ?
Attachments
subject11_normal_StaticOptimization_force.xls
(638 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:38 am

1) Fy is very high, indicating that you are not accounting for ground reaction forces. I imagine this is a gait.

2) These columns correspond to the moments for these joints. It is a force analysis so the data is either a force or a moment.

rajat das

Post by rajat das » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:43 am

These columns correspond to the moments for these joints. It is a force analysis so the data is either a force or a moment.
Can we expect that Inverse Kinematics results and these moments/force values generated from Static Optimization is comparable or same ?

rajat das

Post by rajat das » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:46 am

I imagine this is a gait.
This is a Single Limb standing (SLS) exercise, where the participants first stand on double leg and then after some time doing (SLS) and again then double limb stand.

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 am

Can we expect that Inverse Kinematics results and these moments/force values generated from Static Optimization is comparable or same ?
No they are different.

Kinematics gives you the values of the coordinates (e.g. joint angles) that define the pose of the model.
Force gives you the torques or forces (generalized forces) that are required to achieve this particular movement.

rajat das

Post by rajat das » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:42 am

Thank u. But I actually I mean to say that Inverse Dynamic result and static optimization force values are same?