Experimental Data Preview problem

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Zheqi Hu

Experimental Data Preview problem

Post by Zheqi Hu » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi there,

When I try to preview the external load data, there's nothing shown in the screen but the axis. I have checked the data file, the headings are fine. What can be the cause of this problem?

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Thomas Uchida

Re: Experimental Data Preview problem

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Perhaps try previewing Models/Gait2354_Simbody/subject01_walk1_grf.mot. If that works, you can compare with your file to hopefully identify the issue.

Zheqi Hu

Post by Zheqi Hu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:32 am

tkuchida wrote:Perhaps try previewing Models/Gait2354_Simbody/subject01_walk1_grf.mot. If that works, you can compare with your file to hopefully identify the issue.
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried the example file, and it did work. I have also compared the components of these two files. The only thing different is the pattern of ground reaction moments. May I ask where is the reference point for ground reation moments? And what else causes would lead this problem?

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

I have also compared the components of these two files. The only thing different is the pattern of ground reaction moments.
It isn't clear how this would be possible if the only differences are the values in the columns corresponding to moments. There are several possible explanations (incorrect header, missing values, tiny forces, etc.). Rather than attempt to list every possibility, it would probably be easier if you could upload your file and I'll take a look.

Zheqi Hu

Post by Zheqi Hu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm

tkuchida wrote:
I have also compared the components of these two files. The only thing different is the pattern of ground reaction moments.
It isn't clear how this would be possible if the only differences are the values in the columns corresponding to moments. There are several possible explanations (incorrect header, missing values, tiny forces, etc.). Rather than attempt to list every possibility, it would probably be easier if you could upload your file and I'll take a look.
My file is attached. Thank you for your help.
Attachments
GR_walking_force I.mot
(18.66 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:31 pm

The points of application must be specified in meters. The magnitudes of the values in your "ground_force_px", "ground_force_py", "ground_force_pz", "1_ground_force_px", "1_ground_force_py", and "1_ground_force_pz" columns are too large to be visible in the View window without a lot of zooming/panning. The arrows can be seen when all values in these six columns are divided by 1000 (I'm assuming they were specified in mm).

Zheqi Hu

Post by Zheqi Hu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:42 pm

tkuchida wrote:The points of application must be specified in meters. The magnitudes of the values in your "ground_force_px", "ground_force_py", "ground_force_pz", "1_ground_force_px", "1_ground_force_py", and "1_ground_force_pz" columns are too large to be visible in the View window without a lot of zooming/panning. The arrows can be seen when all values in these six columns are divided by 1000 (I'm assuming they were specified in mm).
It is solved. Thanks a lot!