Cannot open Sim Vascular

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Michael Lynch

Cannot open Sim Vascular

Post by Michael Lynch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:38 am

Hi all,
I have installed SimVascular but am unable to open it, with the error message "Startup error: Application Exception: No application id has been found." The first line of the error, "Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!" also confuses me as
I am running a fully updated Windows 10.
Mike O Sullivan posted a similar problem previously however his was with Windows 7, which was not supported at the time.
I have attached a copy of the full error should anyone be interested.
I would be very grateful if someone could point me towards a solution.

Cheers,
Mike
SimVascular error.docx
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Ariel Basson

Re: Cannot open Sim Vascular

Post by Ariel Basson » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:32 am

Hello Michael

I get the exact same error message when I try to open SimVascular on my Windows 10 (now Windows 10 Pro) PC. I have installed the latest versions of SimVascular and the svSolver (2017-08-21).

Did you find a means to resolve this issue?
I have tried everything I can think of, including installing the previous releases of SimVascular and svSolver.
Nevertheless, the same error occurs.

Regards,
Ariel Basson

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:55 am

Hello Ariel,

We are not aware of a problem with the Windows installer. I will check into this and post a reply once I have an update.

Nathan

SimVascular Development Team

Michael Lynch

Post by Michael Lynch » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Ariel,
I tried to open SimVascular again a couple of days back and it worked fine, despite none of my previous attempts to fix the issue working, so unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what the root cause of the error was.
I did carry out a clean boot on the computer for a different reason before it started working, however I cannot say for certain whether or not this had anything to do with SimVascular starting to work.
i'll go back through the changes I made before it started working and pass these onto you if it is still not working for you?

Best,
Mike

Ariel Basson

Post by Ariel Basson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Hello Michael and Nathan

Thank you for your response.

After setting up a virtual machine (VM) with only Windows and installing SimVascular there, we were able to identify the source of my problem. I had Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2015 Redistributable versions on my PC, but no Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (which is what the svSolver installer asked to repair when I installed it on the VM).

After installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable on my computer, SimVascular was able to open.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly now :)
Thank you again.

Regards,

Ariel

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello Ariel,

I'm glad you resolved the problem. The SimVascular bundle installer attempts to install the MSVC 2013 run time libraries when you first install SimVascular. Did this not work or did you click "cancel" when prompted to install the MSVC 2013 run time libraries the time first time you installed SimVascular?

Nathan
SimVascular Development Team