Obtaining Model Marker Trajectories

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Conrad Slater

Obtaining Model Marker Trajectories

Post by Conrad Slater » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:38 am

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to OpenSim and I have a question regarding the model marker trajectories. Is there a method to obtain/extract the xyz coordinates of the model markers over the course of a trial? Naturally I have the experimental trajectories in the .trc file which are used for Inverse Kinematics, however I would like to get the trajectories of the model itself following Inverse Kinematics.

Thank you!

Thomas Uchida

Re: Obtaining Model Marker Trajectories

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Is there a method to obtain/extract the xyz coordinates of the model markers over the course of a trial? Naturally I have the experimental trajectories in the .trc file which are used for Inverse Kinematics, however I would like to get the trajectories of the model itself following Inverse Kinematics.
You can open the IK Tool setup file (.xml) in a text editor and change the report_marker_locations property to true.

Conrad Slater

Post by Conrad Slater » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:47 am

Great, thank you very much!

Brecca Gaffney

Post by Brecca Gaffney » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Tom,

Is there a reason that this file is not written when this setup file is called (with report_marker_locations set to true) using the InverseKinematicsTool from the Matlab API?

Thanks for your help.

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:44 am

Is there a reason that this file is not written when this setup file is called (with report_marker_locations set to true) using the InverseKinematicsTool from the Matlab API?
Several possible explanations come to mind. Is the file generated when you run the Tool in the GUI using the same setup file? Also, I took a quick glance at the code and it looks like the file might be written to a different directory than the other results. Perhaps MATLAB doesn't have the necessary permissions to write to the target directory?