Import SolidWorks parts to OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Kanishk Sood

Re: Import SolidWorks parts to OpenSim

Post by Kanishk Sood » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello everyone!
I have been able to import a .stl cad model of a backpack to the gait2354 model by editing the .osim file of the model. Now I wish to run the scaling, inverse kinematics and inverse dynamics on that model to find the effect of that backpack on the joints and muscles. Please tell me is it the right procedure that I'm following?
Secondly, while following the procedure i have been scaling the model before adding the backpack model to it. The inverse dynamics also gets executed but I'm facing crashing issues while executing the inverse dynamics.
Kindly help in deciphering the actual problem and the possible errors that i have been making.
Thanks

Jose Rivera

Post by Jose Rivera » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:44 am

kanishksood91 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:03 pm
Hello everyone!
I have been able to import a .stl cad model of a backpack to the gait2354 model by editing the .osim file of the model. Now I wish to run the scaling, inverse kinematics and inverse dynamics on that model to find the effect of that backpack on the joints and muscles. Please tell me is it the right procedure that I'm following?
Secondly, while following the procedure i have been scaling the model before adding the backpack model to it. The inverse dynamics also gets executed but I'm facing crashing issues while executing the inverse dynamics.
Kindly help in deciphering the actual problem and the possible errors that i have been making.
Thanks
I am having the same issue. Can anyone please explain if it is possible to scale a model with a Solidwork stl file added to it. Or do I have to scale the model first and then add it?

chen zoom

Post by chen zoom » Wed May 08, 2019 1:00 am

Thanks you guys, its really helpful!

chen

Vikrama Raghuraman

Post by Vikrama Raghuraman » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:25 am

I need to get a declining force curve by using cmc tool output.How to get it ?.Muscle force must decrease with time.Please somebody help me out.I have been struck in this for the past one month