Activate old GUI after build from source

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Alexander Kaiser

Activate old GUI after build from source

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I've built SimVascular from source, and wanted to use a feature from the old GUI.

Is that still included in the current source version? How would I activate it?

Thank you,
Alex

Alexander Kaiser

Re: Activate old GUI after build from source

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi all,

Gabe got me started on this with the command
./SimVascular-build/sv ./SimVascular-build/Tcl/SimVascular_2.0/simvascular_startup.tcl -tcl

However, it's crashing on mac and ubuntu 14. Mac output follows. The first line of the error message, "A TkRenderWidget is being destroyed..." is the same on Ubuntu.

This is working fine with the ubuntu binary version, so I will use that for now, but wanted to post in case we wish to fix this later.

Thanks,
Alex

Code: Select all

Generic Warning: In /Users/adamupdegrove/Documents/Software/SimVascular/MyMaster/Externals/2017-04-04-Build/sv_externals/src/vtk-6.2.0/Rendering/Tk/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx, line 680
A TkRenderWidget is being destroyed before it associated vtkRenderWindow is destroyed.This is very bad and usually due to the order in which objects are being destroyed.Always destroy the vtkRenderWindow before destroying the user interface components.

Unable to create solid model kernel (2)
Unable to create solid model kernel (1)
Error in startup script: invalid command name ".guiCV.tframe3.tpanedwindow4.tframe6.tpanedwindow0.tframe2.frame2.frame3.notebook6.tframe3.tab1"
    while executing
".guiCV.tframe3.tpanedwindow4.tframe6.tpanedwindow0.tframe2.frame2.frame3.notebook6.tframe3.tab1 insert output {adding tab 1 (Volume Rendering)
} stdou..."
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $PRIV(console) $args"
    (procedure "tkcon" line 42)
    invoked from within
"tkcon console insert output "$arg1\n" stdout"
    (procedure "::tkcon_puts" line 6)
    invoked from within
"puts "adding tab $i \($vals(-text)\)""
    (procedure "guiCVshowHideMenu" line 25)
    invoked from within
"guiCVshowHideMenu guiCV_notebook_image [regsub "_" [string range $tab 15 end] " "]"
    (procedure "mainGUI" line 122)
    invoked from within
"mainGUI"
    (file "./SimVascular-build/Tcl/SimVascular_2.0/simvascular_startup.tcl" line 590)
    invoked from within
"source [lindex $argv 0]"
    invoked from within
"if {$argc >= 1} {
   puts "argc: $argc  argv: $argv"
   if {[file exists [lindex $argv 0]]} {
       source [lindex $argv 0]
   } else {
       puts "..."
    (file "/Users/alex/sfw/SimVascular/Build/SimVascular-build/Tcl/SimVascular_2.0/simvascular_startup.tcl" line 685)

Alexander Kaiser

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Looks like I may have had a flag in the incorrect order. The old version opens with:
./SimVascular-build/sv -tcl ./SimVascular-build/Tcl/SimVascular_2.0/simvascular_startup.tcl

Thanks all,

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:31 am

Hi Alex,

I think the correct form is:

% sv <src_dir>/Tcl/SimVascular_2.0/simvascular_startup.tcl -tcl

to launch the old GUI. I'm surprised it worked the other way around. The wrapper script generated by the make build expects the form above, perhaps the cmake build wrapper script is somehow different.

Nathan

Alexander Kaiser

Post by Alexander Kaiser » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Nathan,

For whatever reason, your suggestion does not work on my machine. Putting the -tcl flag last as you suggest still crashes for me with the error from above, and placing it in the middle causes it to run consistently.

To complicate matters, Kristen had it fail in the order that I suggest and work in the order you suggest. She is also on osx 10.13 but using the pre-built SimVascular.