SV 2D Segmentation Display Window Issue

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Jacob Newkirk

SV 2D Segmentation Display Window Issue

Post by Jacob Newkirk » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:16 pm

This is my first SimVascular project, so I am assuming that this is just a rookie mistake. I have generated a path that follows the Aorta, and now need to use 2D Segmentation. When I open the 2D Segmentation tool, or turn on reslice in the Path Planning tab, my view shows only 1/4 of the area around the path. This makes it impossible to draw contours. If I reset the view from the corner of the display window, I can see everything, but it no longer allows me to draw contours. In other views, it looks like it cuts a cube shaped column around the center point of the path, rather than recentering the frame around the path as I scroll through the axial view.

I have tried changing slice size, resetting the view, processing the images to make the lumen more clear, completely restarting the project, completely reinstalling the software, and using a different computer. This is a class project, and the deadlines are rather tight (I am supposed to complete segmentation by 2359 ET on March 2nd). Any ideas?
Attachments
missingimage.JPG
missingimage.JPG (256.91 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Hongzhi Lan

Re: SV 2D Segmentation Display Window Issue

Post by Hongzhi Lan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:04 am

Hi Jacob,

You can click the button "Size" and increase the reslice size.
Also, to work with a project, you need to add your image into your project, not outside. Check this section:
http://simvascular.github.io/docsQuickG ... management

Hongzhi

Jacob Newkirk

Re: SV 2D Segmentation Display Window Issue

Post by Jacob Newkirk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:20 pm

That worked! Thanks Hongzhi. I figured it was user error. Once the images were saved as .vti in the project, the display followed the path correctly.