Defining the "BallJoint" crashing the OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
pavan guled

Defining the "BallJoint" crashing the OpenSim

Post by pavan guled » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:18 am

Hi all,
Actually, issue is when i define "BallJoint" between 2 bodies (link and end-effector of a manipulator) the opensim is getting crash. can anyone help me with solving this issue. And one more is ,can i find the IK of the manipulator which is imported?

Thanks and regards,
Pavan G

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: Defining the "BallJoint" crashing the OpenSim

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Actually, issue is when i define "BallJoint" between 2 bodies (link and end-effector of a manipulator) the opensim is getting crash. can anyone help me with solving this issue.
Please provide more information: what model are you using, how are you adding the joint, what's the error, etc.

pavan guled

Post by pavan guled » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 pm

NCapture.JPG
NCapture.JPG (48.73 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Referring to the figure above,i'm trying to define Ball joint at "B" ,but when i load the model, software getting crash. And both the rigid bodies are simple bodies with mass, inertia . But i defined "CustomJoint" ,it's okay now.

pavan guled

Post by pavan guled » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi Thomas,
And one more, is it possible to find the IK of that manipulator or in other way ,moving that manipulator finding reaction forces on the hand muscles (where, end-effector and hand are PointConstrained).

Thanking You,
Pavan G

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 am

is it possible to find the IK of that manipulator or in other way ,moving that manipulator finding reaction forces on the hand muscles (where, end-effector and hand are PointConstrained).
It sounds like the problem you have described would be indeterminate. Prescribing only the motion of the robot would be insufficient to compute muscle forces in the model because the model could be pushing against the robot with any arbitrary force.

pavan guled

Post by pavan guled » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 am

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for that, could you please tell me how can i go forward to do that task. Sorry for all small questions.

Thanking you