Muscle Model Validation for Hand Muscle

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Niklas Lohmann

Muscle Model Validation for Hand Muscle

Post by Niklas Lohmann » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:30 am

Hello everybody,

I'am new to Opensim and want to validate my muscle model(wich i got in Matlab) with OpenSim.

For that i have choosen the model from https://simtk.org/projects/hand_muscle . As input i have got a set of generalized coordinates in .mat format. Now i want to pass them from Matlab to Opensim to calculate a set of muscle forces.

Is there an easy way to do that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Muscle Model Validation for Hand Muscle

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 am

Niklas Lohmann

Post by Niklas Lohmann » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Thank you for your reply!

I couldn't figure out how to pass the coordinates from Matlab to OpenSim so I changed the .mat file to a motion file and feed it to OpenSim normally. Now I'm struggeling with SO.

When I press run for SO, OpenSim freezes and doesnt give me any Information about the progress (no red sign in the corner, no progress bar or error Message). What can i do to find out what I did wrong?

Thank You

Niklas

Dimitar Stanev

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 am

There is a message window were you can read the status of SO. If you can post the message maybe we can tell you were it got studied. It is possible that it got stuck because of filtering the kinematics, if the motion is long or if it has many time instances.