Matlab - From OSim 3.3 to OSim 4.0 issues

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Santiago Canete

Matlab - From OSim 3.3 to OSim 4.0 issues

Post by Santiago Canete » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:20 am

I have written a Matlab program to produce a scaling, IK and ID analysis. Everything worked correctly until I switched from 3.3 to 4.0. I followed the Matlab setup for OpenSim and added the 4.0 bin to the path and the environmental variables and set it before 3.3 within the Path. So OpenSim 4.0 is being found and loaded correctly. But, when I try to run the same code that worked in 3.3 I am getting this error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No constructor 'org.opensim.modeling.MarkerSet' with matching signature found.

Error in ScaleOpenSimModel (line 28)
markerSet = MarkerSet(markerSetFilename);

Error in Workflow_Main_ProcessExoskeletonGaitData (line 88)
ScaleOpenSimModel(scaleSettingsFilename, opensimModelFilename, opensimModelName, ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know what the issue may be please let me know.

Thank you!

Tags:

Christopher Dembia

Re: Matlab - From OSim 3.3 to OSim 4.0 issues

Post by Christopher Dembia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm

It seems that you were able to successfully install the 4.0 Matlab bindings.

The constructor for MarkerSet has changed. Refer to the doxygen for 4.0 (build it locally; the copy online is out of date).

For an (incomplete) list of changes to the API in 4.0, refer to the CHANGELOG: https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim- ... ANGELOG.md