C3DFileAdapter

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Laura Martin

C3DFileAdapter

Post by Laura Martin » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:32 am

Hi all,

I'm using osimC3D in MATLAB to read my C3D file and get TRC and MOT files. I would like to know how the COP is computed, since after reading C3DFileAdapter it is already included in the p label and I could not find which equations were used. A FP type 3 was used when collecting data.

I also used MOtoNMS toolbox and in the MOT file, force and moment values are similar to what I get when using osimC3D, but with COP I get quite different results (order of cm and even dm!).

Thanks!

Laura Martin

Tags:

jimmy d

Re: C3DFileAdapter

Post by jimmy d » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:58 pm

I assume you have a Kistler Forceplate? We were only able to test on AMTI and Bertec Forceplates (Type-2 plates), so you shouldn't use the C3DFileAdapter if you are using Type-3.

If you are willing to share some of your C3D files, ones that contain the Type-3 forceplate data, we could add their use to a future release....

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Laura Martin

Post by Laura Martin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are using Kistler force plates.

I need to check if I can send you some C3D files (confidentiality and protection issues) and write you an email.

Best,

Laura