Move an exoskeleton

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Matteo Musso

Move an exoskeleton

Post by Matteo Musso » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 am

Hello everyone, I'm tring to pair an exoskeleton with the arm26 model, for my University thesis.
I fixed it with a WeldJoint on the base frame of arm26, and with a BushingForce the forearms of the two model.
I did some simulation with Forward Dynamics, and I have a problem.

When I insert a function in the elbow of arm26, to obtain a simple flexion, the exoskeleton follow the movement of the mucoloskeletal model. The problem occours when I insert the function in the elbow of the exoscheleton and the foreamr of the arm26 remain steady.
I also tried with a CoordinateActuator and in this case the forearm of the mucoloskeletal follows the exoskeleton.

So this behaviour can't be achieved, or am I making some mistake?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Tags:

cui jiashuo

Re: Move an exoskeleton

Post by cui jiashuo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello, I am sorry I can't answer your question. Because I am also a newbie. I designed a lower extremity exoskeleton, I want to use the opensim simulation to get muscle strength information. I have now combined the exoskeleton model with the opensim model, but when I used bushingforce to tie the exoskeleton and the human body together, my defined bushingforce didn't work. Do you know the possible reasons? Also, I would like to ask, how to customize the function and get the buckling motion? Looking forward to your reply.