JointReaction analysis.....

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Anantharaman Gopalakrishnan

JointReaction analysis.....

Post by Anantharaman Gopalakrishnan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:16 pm

The JointReaction analysis does not work when I load the actuators, controls and walk states for the RRA. Am I doing something wrong here, or was the tool meant to work only when CMC data was loaded??

Part II of the question....

Post by Anantharaman Gopalakrishnan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Would the JointReaction analysis results be the same for RRA and CMC data??

Matt DeMers

RE: JointReaction analysis.....

Post by Matt DeMers » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 am

Could you be more specific? What errors are being thrown?

The tool will work with RRA results. The key is that the states you supply must match the states in the model. In the analyze tool, just supply the RRA states file, load the RRA actuators (be sure to replace the model's actuators and not append to them), and load the ground reaction forces+kinematics file. You do not supply controls if you want to use the actuator activations from the states file.

Matt

Matt DeMers

RE: Part II of the question....

Post by Matt DeMers » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 am

It depends on how they are actuated. If your RRA is driven only by torques actuators (as it is normally) and your CMC is driven by muscle actuators which are just complicated force actuators, then JointReactions will give very different results.

RE: JointReaction analysis.....

Post by Anantharaman Gopalakrishnan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks Matt,

But the RRA states file only contains the joint coordinates and their velocities. So shouldn't we include the RRA controls file so that the values of the residual forces and joint actuators are known?? ..... and these would affect the values of the joint reaction forces.

I also tried both techniques (trying to replace CMC controls by RRA controls, and your suggestion of just including states) but the tool does not even start, software hangs for a while and then I get the message 'Tool execution failed or canceled by user'.

Thanks