Entry point not found

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Anastasios Raptis

Entry point not found

Post by Anastasios Raptis » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:19 am

Hi All,

I am trying to start SimVascular and I get two errors, shown in the screenshots attached. Can you help with this? I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, I even tried previous versions, and still getting the same error. I am working on Windows 10.

Thanks!
Tasos
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (24.08 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.08 KiB) Viewed 722 times

David Parker

Re: Entry point not found

Post by David Parker » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi Tasos,

SimVascular typically installs with no problems on Windows but we have another user reporting this same issue, we are trying to understand what is causing it. Could you please print out the path environment variable in a console window using echo %path% and post it here?

What other image processing or modeling applications (e.g. ITK) do you have installed on your computer? I'm wondering if another installed application might be causing this problem.

Cheers,
Dave

Anastasios Raptis

Post by Anastasios Raptis » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I had been using SimVascular without problems on Windows as well. At some point, I installed CRIMSON and there is a chance that the problems with SimVascular started after that. In any case, I uninstalled CRIMSON and reinstalled SimVascular but the problem persisted. Other than that, I am also using VMTKLab but no signs of conflicts appeared.

I attach the path environment variable below,
C:\Program Files\Tecplot\Tecplot Chorus 2018 R2\bin;C:\Program Files\Tecplot\Tecplot 360 EX 2018 R2\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\mpirt;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\compiler;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\mpirt;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\bin;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\libnvvp;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MPI-RT\4.1.0.028\em64t\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\MPI-RT\4.1.0.028\ia32\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2016a\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Users\rapti\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Tasos

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Tasos,

There is not anything suspicious in your path. Crimson uses the same MITK framework that SimVascular uses so I am thinking that there is some conflict there. I will download and install Crimson and see if I get the same error.

Cheers,
Dave

Nathan Wilson

Post by Nathan Wilson » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello Tasos,

I can't replicate this error. It really seems like SimVascular is picking up a conflicting shared library from another package and then not finding all the symbols needed in one of ours. This error appears to be caused inside of either MITK or CTK libraries, so any package that has those could be throwing things off. I'm curious if modifying sv.bat to prepend our paths will belp. Try replacing the sv.bat with the attached file or the following DIRECTLY in the Program Files directory for your version of SimVascular:

@ECHO OFF
PATH=%~dp0;%~dp0/mitk/bin/Release;%~dp0/mitk/bin/plugins/Release;%~dp0/mitk/bin;%~dp0/plugins;%PATH%;
cd "%~dp0"
"%~dp0/simvascular-bin.exe" %*

Note that you need to delete the .txt file extension from the attached file before copying into the SimVascular program files directory.

Nathan
SimVascular Support Team
Attachments
sv.bat.txt
(154 Bytes) Downloaded 51 times

Anastasios Raptis

Post by Anastasios Raptis » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:03 am

Dear Nathan,

Thank you very much for dedicating your time into this issue.

I had removed SimVascular from my PC several days ago, and after your message, I installed it to try the fix that you proposed. The thing is that it started without problems this time! I really cannot explain it. It's nearly random what caused the problem and what solved it.

In any case, I will keep your sv.bat file in case something goes wrong in the future.

Best regards,
Tasos