Loaded walking RRA issue.

This project contains experimental data of male subjects walking while carrying heavy load, and OpenSim simulations of these subjects wearing hypothetical ideal assistive devices.
Ali Khalilianmotamed Bonab

Loaded walking RRA issue.

Post by Ali Khalilianmotamed Bonab » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:42 am

To whom it may concern,
I asked my question in OpenSim general forum and since I could not get an answer about the issue, I decided to post it specifically here.

Based on the model of loaded walking, there are two different coordinates named "knee_angle_r_beta" and two constraints on them which I do not understand why it is added to this model and I would appreciate if someone can explain them.

Furthermore, When I am performing, first, scaling tool and then RRA tool on this model without any modifications on the model setting, the model cannot track the kinematics and gives a high error, the only error that RRA gives to me is mentioned below and the model's behavior has been attached as a video. I would be grateful if someone can help me to fix this problem.
opensim_video_2.zip
(749.94 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Additionally, when I am disabling the constraints, this error is not appearing and kinematics tracking error is decreasing, However, the error is still remarkable.

Code: Select all

AssemblySolver::track() attempt Failed: SimTK Exception thrown at assembler.cpp:973:
  Method Assembler::track() failed because:
Unable to achieve required assembly error tolerance.
Assembly error tolerance achieved: 8.4324322211032546e-09 required: 1e-10.
Model unable to assemble: AssemblySolver::assemble() Failed: SimTK Exception thrown at assembler.cpp:897:
  Method Assembler::assemble() failed because:
Unable to achieve required assembly error tolerance.
Assembly error tolerance achieved: 8.4324322208105915e-09 required: 1e-10.
Model relaxing constraints and trying again.