Compilation problem

Provide a gathering place for definitions of the fundamental objects that enable SimTK Core programming.
Jean-Philippe Jodoin

Compilation problem

Post by Jean-Philippe Jodoin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:25 am

Hi there, I'm currently trying to compile SimTkCommon under Vista x64 using a win32 project generated with Cmake. I have use the Lapack Win32 Intel generic binary to compile and pThread from the last release. I have a compilation error because of the constness of two parameter in "TemplatizedLapack.h". In this file, the ipiv parameter from the cgetri_ and the zgetri_ function is a const int [] while the method it calls in simtklapack.h is a int *. I get a compilation error:

D:\simtk svn\SimTKCommon\trunk\include\SimTKcommon/TemplatizedLapack.h(168) : error C2664: 'cgetri_' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'const int []' to 'int *'
7> Conversion loses qualifiers

I have been able to sucessfully compile by adding the constness in simtklapack.h but I was wondering if the parameter should be const or not ? Which file is right ?

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

Jean-Philippe Jodoin

RE: Compilation problem

Post by Jean-Philippe Jodoin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 pm

I now get similar problem when compiling SimTkSimMath... this double with double being assigned to double*.

Where can I find a simtklapack that will work with each project ?

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

Tom Erez

Post by Tom Erez » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:47 pm

I just had the same problem, and I fixed it by downloading the new, separate SimTKLapack.h file available in the lapack project.

It's at the bottom of the list, but here's the direct link:
https://simtk.org/frs/download.php?file_id=852

Where did you get the pthread.h file from?

Jean-Philippe Jodoin

Post by Jean-Philippe Jodoin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Tom, for the pthread file (at least for windows), you can get it at: ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/, download an run "pthread-w32-v-v-v-release.exe"

This will extract all the pthread include and lib you might need.

Jean-Philippe