Problem with the Visualizer Window

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Giovanni Falcone

Problem with the Visualizer Window

Post by Giovanni Falcone » Mon May 13, 2019 8:43 am

Hello to everyone, I have a problem with the Visualizer Window which is completely grey when I run a model as you can see in the screenshot (also when I just run the program without opening any models). What do I have to do ?
Attachments
Opensimproblem.PNG
Opensimproblem.PNG (28.83 KiB) Viewed 229 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Problem with the Visualizer Window

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 am

Hi Giovanni,

The visualizer window apparently didn't open altogether when you launched the application. There are many reasons this could happen, ideally you get an exception/error with a stack trace to help with troubleshooting. Short of that here are some questions:
1. Is this the first time you try to run 4.0 on this machine? If no then there could be a cache that you can flush/remove.
2. If first time, it could be a hardware/OS issue if the machine is too old, or permissions problem where launching a server (internally) fails for some reason. Please provide any info that you think could be helpful.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Giovanni Falcone

Post by Giovanni Falcone » Tue May 14, 2019 12:13 am

Thank you for the answer.
This is not the first time I run opensim on this machine. The problem started when I run a model, then I clicked on File--->Close All and I tried to run two files (one a .mot file, the other a .trc file). I closed the program and when I restarted it I had this problem. What should I do? How can I delete the cash ?
Best Regards
Giovanni

Ibraheem Al-Dhamari

Post by Ibraheem Al-Dhamari » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:51 am

I had this problem before, it seems the threejs files are not working .After replacing three.js and three.min.js with new ones for my system (Linux), the problem is solved.

Note: I am using GUI that has been built from source.