Add more DOF to default model

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
David Torres

Add more DOF to default model

Post by David Torres » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi!
Recentlu I realised this software and want know if i can add more DOF and muscle groups to default models.
Thank you for you attention

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Add more DOF to default model

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:59 am

Welcome, David!

You can add as many DOFs and muscles to the models as you want -- any OpenSim model should work in SCONE as well. However, you may need to adjust the Controller depending on what task you are trying to achieve.

For instance, the Geyer & Herr gait controller that's included in the Tutorials is catered specifically for 9 DOF / 14 muscle planar models.

David Torres

Post by David Torres » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi. Thank you for you answer
You can add as many DOFs and muscles to the models as you want any OpenSim model should work in SCONE as well. However, you may need to adjust the Controller depending on what task you are trying to achieve.
I get it your point. I had seen several opensim models but I was not sure.
For instance, the Geyer & Herr gait controller that's included in the Tutorials is catered specifically for 9 DOF / 14 muscle planar models.
Where can i found more information about it? I read Geyer & Heyer article and I understand the main idea of reflex controller but I think it is not enough

Thank you again

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:42 am

If you want to know more about how models and controllers work in SCONE, check out:

https://scone.software/doku.php?id=doc:scenario

It's also very helpful to try the SCONE tutorials (especially tutorial 4):

https://scone.software/doku.php?id=tutorials:start

Let me know if you have any specific questions!