Unrealistic activations after CMC compute

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
YAMEN AL HABASH

Unrealistic activations after CMC compute

Post by YAMEN AL HABASH » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:33 am

Hi,
I am trying to compute the activations of the muscles of the model arm26 during an isokinetic flexion. I am having trouble in having realistic activations computed with CMC tool after the mouvement. For instance, as we can see in the capture attached, during the flexion, mostly the BIClong,TRIlat and TRImed are actived during the mouvement. According to real mouvements, it should be BIClong, BICshort and BRA mostly activated during a flexion.
I have seen here (https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... +Practices) that we should increase the FmaxMuscleStrain parameter of passive muscles when there are active forces in the antagonistic muscles that may not be desired. I tried increasing this factor, it worked in a way that it lowered the activation of TRImed and TRIlat however I am unable to increase the activations of BRA and BICshort.
Which paramater should I change in order to have realistic activations?

Thank you for your help!!

ps: I attached the kind of motion file I am using in the simulation
Attachments
isoc_60.mot
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
captureactiv.png
captureactiv.png (12.84 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Tags:

YAMEN AL HABASH

Re: Unrealistic activations after CMC compute

Post by YAMEN AL HABASH » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:00 am

I also tried to put a Control Constraint on TRImed and TRIlat in order to lower their activation to almot none for this kind of motion. However I Always get the error "Infeasible problem detected" and the system won't activate the other muscles to compensate for the lack .
Am I doing Something wrong?
It would be great if I can have any kind of help to solve this problem
Thank you