I have change the path of the path actuator then metabolic rate is not change.How I can calculate metabolic rate ?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
RAHUL GHARATE

I have change the path of the path actuator then metabolic rate is not change.How I can calculate metabolic rate ?

Post by RAHUL GHARATE » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 pm

I have selected gait10dof18musc path actuator model. The actuator acts along the path between tibia and calcaneus. if I change the path between tibia to talus by using property window. but metabolic rate is not change.
I go to navigator window and right click on probe option and select new probe but how to calculate metabolic rate when we change the path?

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: I have change the path of the path actuator then metabolic rate is not change.How I can calculate metabolic rate ?

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:54 am

The "Simulation-Based Design to Reduce Metabolic Cost" example in the Confluence documentation (https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... bolic+Cost) describes how to compute metabolic cost. The procedure is the same regardless of the path actuator's path. It is unclear from your description what changes you made to the model, but if for example the attachment points of the path actuator were not changed and the calcaneus body is welded to the talus body, then the length of the path actuator over time would be no different between the two models.

RAHUL GHARATE

Re: I have change the path of the path actuator then metabolic rate is not change.How I can calculate metabolic rate ?

Post by RAHUL GHARATE » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:21 pm

If I want to change the path of the path actuator from tibia to talus then how I do it?
also I want to add path actuator to the gait2354 model?
How can I change the path?
Also how can I calculate metabolic rate after changing the path?
Also If I change the optimal force then metabolic rate is change or not?
I want to compare metabolic rate of normal person Vs. normal person after providing actuator.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:29 am

If I want to change the path of the path actuator from tibia to talus then how I do it?
You can use the Path Editor in the GUI: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... PathEditor.
Also how can I calculate metabolic rate after changing the path?
The "Simulation-Based Design to Reduce Metabolic Cost" example describes how to calculate metabolic cost.

RAHUL GHARATE

Post by RAHUL GHARATE » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 am

But I couldn't see the effect of path editor in Opensim 4.0.
When I change the path the point of actuators doesn't change.