Aortic inflow waveform

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Sajeda Akter

Aortic inflow waveform

Post by Sajeda Akter » Sat May 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello everyone,
I have one more question.
In coronary normal tutorial, why inlet Aortic inflow waveform is negative? Are there mathematical formula for negative profiles. It would be great If anyone refers any document or links. Thanks

David Parker

Re: Aortic inflow waveform

Post by David Parker » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Sajeda,

The direction of inlet flow is relative to the normal of the inlet face geometry. The normal vector at the aortic inlet is pointing outwards so negative flow will be going into the aortic inlet.

Have a look at the SimVascular documentation (http://simvascular.github.io/clinicalCase3.html#sim and http://simvascular.github.io/docsFlowSo ... l#inflowbc).

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Model path length

Post by Sajeda Akter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 am

Hello everyone!!!!!

I would like to know about the length of model path. How can I measure model length by using model path?

Thank you advanced!!!!!

Sajeda

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi Sajeda,

You can compute a path length using the SV Python API. The API is not documented, I'm in the process of modifying it and will document it after that. I've attached a Python script named path_length.txt (SimTK won't let you upload a file with a .py suffix), change the .txt to .py after downloading.

I've put a short document on https://github.com/ktbolt/cardiovascula ... erface.pdf describing how to use the API.

Cheers,
Dave
Attachments
path_length.txt
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:43 pm

Thank you very much David...I hope it will work. I will contact you soon...thanks again

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 am

Dear Simvascular Developers,

I want to simulate 1D blood flow simulation in a right coronary artery model. The model has one inlet and one outlet. I tried several times to create simulation files but it has given that the generation of the solver input files failed. I do not understand where is my problem...I have attached an image for kind information.

Thanks in advanced

Sajeda
Attachments
generation 1D solver failed.JPG
generation 1D solver failed.JPG (44.21 KiB) Viewed 593 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 am

Hi Sajeda,

If you click on the Show Details button there will be some information about why the solver input file could not be generated. Post the information here so I can have a look.

You could also post a zip file of the contents of the project's Simulations1d directory so I can have a look at the centerlines.vtp file.

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 am

Thank you very much David for your rapid reply.

I have attached the problem in a text file herewith. Please check the file on your convenient time...

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
Sajeda
Attachments
the generation of input file failed.txt
(23.09 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi Sajeda,

If you look at the text file you posted you'll see the messages

Code: Select all

[generate-1d-mesh] INFO - Read inflow BC ...
[generate-1d-mesh] ERROR - The inflow file is in the wrong format, expecting space- or comma-separated value pairs.
[generate-1d-mesh] ERROR - could not convert string to float: '0.001372213\t99.99971412'
This means just what it says: the format of the inflow file 'D:/CTA ImageData Analysis/CT dicom Data/SE 194 Steady/SE 194 - normal/RMA-flow1KB//RCAoneDsim/pressureProfileHyper.txt' is in the wrong format, instead of spaces or commas it has tabs (\t) separating value pairs. Replace the tabs with commas in the file.

I suppose I should add tabs as a valid separator for this file, users on Windows seem to be producing files with tabs.

Cheers,
Dave

Sajeda Akter

Post by Sajeda Akter » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 am

Dear David,
Thank you very much. Now the profiles work fine.

I have another problem that the one dimension simulation job finished. But convert results panel does not work properly i.e. there are no data and segment parts and convert button inactive.
I have attached an image for your kind information.
Thank you in advanced and I look forward hearing from you.

Cheers,
Sajeda
Attachments
convert results.JPG
convert results.JPG (53.36 KiB) Viewed 554 times