Simulation User Guide Fix

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
Justin Tso

Simulation User Guide Fix

Post by Justin Tso » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:13 am

Hi, just some constructive input for your user guide: all of the equations in the simulations section of the user guide are not formatted correctly (at least to what I can see) and this make it extremely hard for the reader to understand. Fixing this would definitely make learning the software more accessible and less confusing.

David Parker

Re: Simulation User Guide Fix

Post by David Parker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your feedback. I am in the process of improving the SV documentation and would welcome any suggestions for improvements.

The equations in the Simulation Guide section appear to be formatted fine with the Chrome Browser on MacOS (see attached image). Windows 10 Edge and IE browsers also look good. What browser are you using and what platform? Please post an image of the equations that don't look correct.

Cheers,
Dave
Attachments
user-guide-math.png
user-guide-math.png (75.93 KiB) Viewed 348 times

Justin Tso

Post by Justin Tso » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:00 pm

On both Windows 10 Chrome and Windows 10 Edge, I see the attached image for basically all the equations.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (73.83 KiB) Viewed 332 times

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Justin,

The equations are showing up as raw html and are not being converted because you don't have Javascript enabled in your browser. On Chrome select Menu->Settings->Advanced->Site Settings->JavaScript->Allowed. I'm not sure how to enable JavaScript on Edge.

Cheers,
Dave

Justin Tso

Post by Justin Tso » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi, an update on this: Javascript was already enabled on my browser, and it doesn't appear to be the solution to this problem. In addition, I've looked on several different devices owned by others, and they exhibit the same problem. Thus, I would think the way the guide is configured now, if not a problem for some, is probably a problem for most default browsers.

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi Justin,

The documentation uses MathJax which is supposed to work on all browsers. I've viewed the SV documentation no problem on all Windows laptops and workstations here, not sure what the problem may be. What kind of computer are you using to view the documentation?

Cheers,
Dave

Nishanth Surianarayanan

Post by Nishanth Surianarayanan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi David,

Even I am facing the same problem. I am using Dell xps laptop which is a recent model. I am opening your documentation on Chrome and have difficulty viewing the equations. Hope you can find a solution for this.

Thanks,
Nishanth

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:35 am

Hi Nishanth,

We have recently discovered what we think is causing this. Could you please go to the Documentation->1D Simulation Guide->1D Solver->Theory section and tell me if you can see the equations there? We made a fix to that section and I'd like to make sure that it is working.

Cheers,
Dave

Nishanth Surianarayanan

Post by Nishanth Surianarayanan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Dave,

It looks fantastic now! Great job! I guess now you'll be able to fix the issue on the other documentations as well!

Best,
Nishanth

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:19 am

Hi Nishanth,

Thanks for checking the documentation. I'll fix the other sections today.

Cheers,
Dave