Error importing APDM data

OpenSense enables users to compute the motions of body segments based on inertial measurement unit (IMU) data.
Kevin Gramage

Error importing APDM data

Post by Kevin Gramage » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am trying to import data from APDM v2 hardware using OpenSense but I get an error when running the very first command line:
>>> opensense -ReadA myAPDFile.csv myAPDMMappings.xml
Exception in opensense: invalid stod argument
I attach an example of the APDM .csv data file and two versions of the .xml, since there are two column identificators (the first is sensor id number and the second is the assigned body segment).

My guess is that the .csv exporting format for the v2 hardware has changed the structure of the .csv file (I am unable to find a v1 APDM .csv example file to compare), but there could be another mistake/error that I might be missing, since the errror message sounds too generic to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
myAPDMMappings.xml
Version with the sensor id number as column name
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
myAPDMMappings2.xml
Version with the body segment as column name
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
datafile_test.zip
APDM data example
(678.52 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Last edited by Kevin Gramage on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy d

Re: Error importing APDM data

Post by jimmy d » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi, Kevin-

There had been some issues with different types of APDM headers, that we were initially unaware about. This seems to have been fixed. The files that you uploaded don't seem to be downloadable anymore, could you repost them-- or send them to me-- and I can check if they are readable.

Thanks,
-James.

Kevin Gramage

Post by Kevin Gramage » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:28 am

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I have just uploaded the files again and will try to test them with the last Open Sense version.
Please, let me know if (and how) it works for you or if there is any further testing that I can do.

Thanks again,
Kevin

jimmy d

Post by jimmy d » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 am

Hi, Kevin-

The IMU tracking methods, including all the fixes, have been rolled into the upcoming OpenSim 4.1 release. The Beta release is almost ready to send out and I can ping you when it is ready to get tested if you would like to try it out?

-J

Kevin Gramage

Post by Kevin Gramage » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:21 am

jimmy wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 am
Hi, Kevin-

The IMU tracking methods, including all the fixes, have been rolled into the upcoming OpenSim 4.1 release. The Beta release is almost ready to send out and I can ping you when it is ready to get tested if you would like to try it out?

-J
That would be great, thanks.
Kevin

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi Kevin,

We recently sent out a beta of OpenSim 4.1, which includes updated OpenSense code for lower extremity kinematics. We've also updated the documentation accordingly:

https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... h+IMU+Data

We hope the new version works as expected for you. Please let us know if you are able to give it a try or if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
-Ayman