Missing function (SimTK 2.0 Linux)

Provide C++ API for creating molecular models whose dynamics can be simulated using the SimTK Simbody library. A link to the online API reference documentation for Molmodel can be found on the Documents page.
Kishor Bhalerao

Missing function (SimTK 2.0 Linux)

Post by Kishor Bhalerao » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi,

I have recently installed the linux distribution of the simtk 2.0 core. However, I cannot get the code ExampleAdenylateMobilitiesVMD.cpp to compile. The error is following.

class SimTK::RNA’ has no member named ‘setResidueBondMobility’

I had a look at the header Compound.h available with the linux distribution and it does not have the following two functions which i need.

Compound& setCompoundBondMobility (BondMobility::Mobility)

Biopolymer& setResidueBondMobility (ResidueInfo::Index,BondMobility::Mobility)

both these functions are included in the file Compound.h as seen from the corresponding file in the include directory in trunk.

How do i fix this ?

Thanks,
Kishor Bhalerao

Christopher Bruns

RE: Missing function (SimTK 2.0 Linux)

Post by Christopher Bruns » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 am

That's odd.

To investigate this I just installed SimTK 2.0 on a linux machine. I had no trouble compiling the ExampleAdenylateMobilitiesVMD example.

I can find those methods in the header in /usr/local/SimTK/include/molmodel/internal/Compound.h and RNA.h.

Are you sure you installed SimTK 2.0?
from https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=97

--Chris

Kishor Bhalerao

RE: Missing function (SimTK 2.0 Linux)

Post by Kishor Bhalerao » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response. You were right, I had unwittingly installed SimTK 1.5. instead of SimTK 2.0 version. I have got my code working already.

I am sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Kishor Bhalerao