Visualization of forces on multiple bodies

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Chris Zirker

Visualization of forces on multiple bodies

Post by Chris Zirker » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm working on modeling rock climbing, which requires that four external loads are placed on the body. At the moment, I'm trying to visualize the forces as they are applied in the GUI, much like is done when playing \examples\Gait2354_Simbody\OutputReference\subject01_walk1_ik.mot. However, I can't figure out a way to get OpenSim to show more than 2 forces at a time, and I need to visualize 4 (one for each hand and foot). Are there any tricks to doing this?

Ayman Habib

RE: Visualization of forces on multiple bodies

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi Chris,

Please attach a model and mot file to a bug report and we'll investigate. It's possible that the motion viewer does not take advantage of the new features of multiple external forces yet.

-Ayman

Chris Zirker

Post by Chris Zirker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:17 am

Has any modification been made to the coming version 2.2 release of OpenSim that would enable visualizing four forces simultaneously? I never could get it to work before.

Thanks!

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Chris,

The functionality has been there for a while, if you explain where are you having a problem I'll try to help you out. I'll point you to the documentation specific to your context if you send more info.

It would be a good idea to try this out soon so that either the documentation or the code or both are fixed/made clear before the release.

Best,
-Ayman

Chris Zirker

Post by Chris Zirker » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:21 pm

Good news! I installed the beta OSim 2.2 version and forces now all show up as long as I use the ground_force and ground_torque naming scheme. Thanks!