IK Tool Fail

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Allison Porter

IK Tool Fail

Post by Allison Porter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:00 am

I am trying to run IK on experimental mocap dataset. I have run the Scale Tool to place the markers from the static trial onto the Gait2392 model. However, when I run the IK tool with the experimental .trc file, I get the following error:

InverseKinematicsTool Failed: Error reading rows in file 'C:\Users\porte\Software\MATLAB\Gait Dataset\Subject B\C4\SBC4T2.trc'. Unexpected number of columns in line 5968. Expected = 419. Received = 418.
Thrown at TRCFileAdapter.cpp:180 in extendRead().

(see attached photo for full message window output)

In another post, someone had mentioned that the issue could arise from changing the marker data but not changing the NumMarkers header in the .trc file - however, I have not edited this experimental data set at all (so I have not removed any markers that would change the value in the NumMarkers header).

It also throws an error in line 5968, so I tried to limit the IK time range to not include that line, but now matter what time range I specify in the IK tool, I get this same error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Tags:

Allison Porter

Re: IK Tool Fail

Post by Allison Porter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:49 am

message output
Attachments
IK error_columns.png
IK error_columns.png (28.7 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am

InverseKinematicsTool Failed: Error reading rows in file 'C:\Users\porte\Software\MATLAB\Gait Dataset\Subject B\C4\SBC4T2.trc'. Unexpected number of columns in line 5968. Expected = 419. Received = 418.
The file must follow the format described here: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... c%29+Files. If memory serves, some common issues are spaces instead of tabs, missing or non-numeric values, and incorrect header information. Based on your error, perhaps there's an entry missing?

Evan Dooley

Post by Evan Dooley » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:02 am

apporter wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:49 am
message output
Hello Allison,

I am getting this same error. I have tried exporting from Nexus 2.9 and Nexus 2.10. I have checked the rows that claim to have the errors and the match the other rows. As far as I can tell all of the files throwing this error, match the formatting of previous files that do run in this method.

By any chance, did you figure out what was going wrong here?

Thanks,
EAD