Body part missing after scaling

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Abdullah Al Masud

Body part missing after scaling

Post by Abdullah Al Masud » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm

Hello,

I am currently working with the MASI model. I scaled the model with the marker data. Unfortunately, I found that some body parts were missing after scaling although the scaled model works perfectly. What can be the reason for missing the body parts after scaling?

I have attached the figures. Thanks for your time
Attachments
Masi_scaled.JPG
Masi_scaled.JPG (17.9 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Masi_Model.JPG
Masi_Model.JPG (16.16 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Carmichael Ong

Re: Body part missing after scaling

Post by Carmichael Ong » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:18 pm

I believe this may be just a visualization issue. Could you try loading the scaled model back into OpenSim and see if the bones show up again?

Abdullah Al Masud

Post by Abdullah Al Masud » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I tried loading the scaled model. It's the same. My original model has all bodies.

If any part is missing after scaling, is it a big issue or it is just visualization?

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 am

Hello,

This is a visualization issue. Scaling can not lose bodies (by construction) which you can verify by checking the navigator panel and the model tree of the scaled model. The issue boils down to resolving the geometry search path for the mesh files of the scaled model which can be resolved by saving the scaled model in the same folder as the original model and then reloading, or by changing the geometry search path preference as suggested by Carmichael.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Abdullah Al Masud

Post by Abdullah Al Masud » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:42 pm

Thanks Mr. Ayman. The problem is solved now.