Adding Joint Reaction Force to Table Reporter

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Shelby Walford

Adding Joint Reaction Force to Table Reporter

Post by Shelby Walford » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi All,

I am using Matlab and running forward dynamics simulations with the manager (rather than the forward tool). I am able to create TableReporterSpatialVec, but unfortunately the function "addToReport" doesn't exist in Matlab under this class for OpenSim 4.0. I'm not sure how to retrieve the time history of the joint reaction force without having to use the Analysis tool to run a JointReaction Analysis. Is there a work-around for this? If I could split up the output into two Vec3's and add to a TableReporterVec3 that would be nice, but I'm not confident that's possible either.

Thanks for your help!

Shelby

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: Adding Joint Reaction Force to Table Reporter

Post by Carmichael Ong » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:39 pm

The analysis tools are a little outdated, so to my knowledge they may not work well with the table reporter since the analyses don't have specific outputs to hook into the table reporter. That being said, instead of running joint reaction force as a separate analysis after your simulation, I think you should be able to create an JointReaction Analysis and attach it to the model (https://simtk.org/api_docs/opensim/api_ ... ac6c8274ea) so that it will run along side your simulation.