Joint Reaction Force and Muscle Force

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Erin Bill

Joint Reaction Force and Muscle Force

Post by Erin Bill » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:37 pm

I would like do evaluate the contribution of the muscle forces to the overall contact force at the hip. Can anyone help me out with the workflow in order to accomplish this.

I have already imported and scaled the model from Visual 3D, ran RRA and CMC. THe *_actuator_force.sto file that is created after running CMC contains the muscle forces for the simulation but how can I determine the Reaction Force? What are my inputs for this analysis?

I have tried to run the Joint Reaction Analysis but ended up with Joint Reaction forces that were 20 times body weight, which is clearly not correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ayman Habib

RE: Joint Reaction Force and Muscle Force

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Erin,

If you have CMC output then all you need to run the JointReaction analysis is the states file coming out of CMC.

-Ayman

Hossein Mokhtarzadeh

RE: Joint Reaction Force and Muscle Force

Post by Hossein Mokhtarzadeh » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:39 am

Dear Ayman,

I have checked the Joint reaction force both in GUI and xml BUt it seems the forces are too big. I also checked them with Tim in the past here and I used one of opensim examples so the results were big as well. I wonder if you would have any idea how to solve it.

Cheers,