How to complete the correct scaling

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
chan liang

How to complete the correct scaling

Post by chan liang » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello,here
When I was adjusting to the laboratory coordinate position in "preview experimental data" , the lower limb of the model was distorted.Only when the blue marker point set is converted to the opposite side of the model(laboratory coordinate position), it cannot be scaled.However, static trc files can be scaled normally in other directions, but they do not conform to the laboratory coordinate position. The scale factor and static pose weight settings are the same. What is the reason for this?
Looking forward to your reply
Thank you
Chan
Attachments
three.png
three.png (141.94 KiB) Viewed 468 times
one.png
one.png (107.62 KiB) Viewed 468 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: How to complete the correct scaling

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:31 am

Hi Chan,

Typically you do not change or modify experimental data at all (other than apply a rigid body rotation to account for different reference Coordinate System in motion capture).

The issue could be a visualization issue (an offset is applied to the visualization of the data, a bug that was fixed/check Display->Model Offset is zero). It also could be that your model is locked in place and can't be positioned to match the experimental data (locked coordinates).

Please check both of these issues and let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Pablo Delgado

Post by Pablo Delgado » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

Quick question, how can I unlock my model? I am running an experiment but my experimental data is offset in the y-axis with respect to my model which is apparently fixed at y = 0 (floor).

Pablo Delgado

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:23 am

Perhaps some of the coordinates are locked. Please see the "Coordinate Controls and Poses" page in the User's Guide: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... +and+Poses.