New Opensim Model Error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Syed Tanzim Mubarrat

New Opensim Model Error

Post by Syed Tanzim Mubarrat » Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Hello,

I created a new full body model by combining parts from different models. However, when I load the final model, the OpenSim GUI shows the following error:

Model unable to assemble: AssemblySolver::assemble() Failed: SimTK Exception thrown at Assembler.cpp:871:
Method Assembler::assemble() failed because:
Optimizer failed with message: SimTK Exception thrown at InteriorPointOptimizer.cpp:264:
Optimizer failed: Ipopt: Infeasible problem detected (status 2)
Assembly error tolerance achieved: 0.013699999999999934 required: 1e-10.
Model relaxing constraints and trying again.

Also, when I try running an inverse kinematics simulation, it shows the following error:

InverseKinematicsTool Failed: AssemblySolver::assemble() Failed: SimTK Exception thrown at Assembler.cpp:871:
Method Assembler::assemble() failed because:
Optimizer failed with message: SimTK Exception thrown at InteriorPointOptimizer.cpp:264:
Optimizer failed: Ipopt: Infeasible problem detected (status 2)
Assembly error tolerance achieved: 0.01369999999999999 required: 1.0000000000000002e-06.

Can anyone help me with what could be causing these errors?

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: New Opensim Model Error

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Hello,

The assembly errors are usually due to constraints that are not satisfied to the required tolerance. Generally you could disable all the constraints, load the model then enable the constraint(s) one at a time to see which one(s) are impossible to satisfy, then fix those constraints.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues with the model.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Syed Tanzim Mubarrat

Re: New Opensim Model Error

Post by Syed Tanzim Mubarrat » Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm

Hello,

I tried disabling all the constraints. However, the model does not load at all in that case. Also, can you give me some tips on how I can go about fixing the constraints?