Static optimization (activation)

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
anna bicchi

Static optimization (activation)

Post by anna bicchi » Mon May 31, 2021 2:49 am

Hi every one,
I am wandering respect to what the activation of the muscles (Static optimization results ) are normalized too? Is it correct to assume that they are normalize to a parameter which rap represents the MVC?
thank you in advance

Tags:

ZHONG WEI

Re: Static optimization (activation)

Post by ZHONG WEI » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:29 am

annabichi wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:49 am
Hi every one,
I am wandering respect to what the activation of the muscles (Static optimization results ) are normalized too? Is it correct to assume that they are normalize to a parameter which rap represents the MVC?
thank you in advance
Hello, I have the same confusion. Did you figure it out? Someone telled me that if all activations in result are smaller than 1, that can be accept. What is your opinion?

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:36 am

Activation is between 0 and 1. For details, please see the "Muscle Model Theory and Publications" section of the documentation and the papers listed there: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... blications.

ZHONG WEI

Post by ZHONG WEI » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:37 am

tkuchida wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:36 am
Activation is between 0 and 1. For details, please see the "Muscle Model Theory and Publications" section of the documentation and the papers listed there: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... blications.
Thank you very much, I have a general idea of muscle activation. Can you give me a favor for this question?viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=13503&p=38740&start=0&view=
Best regards!