Inverse Dynamics

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Adriana Jorge

Inverse Dynamics

Post by Adriana Jorge » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a masters student using OpenSim for the first time for my thesis. I've been trying to preform Inverse Dynamics using Rajagopal's model and data acquired using the Qualisys system. I have already successfully scaled the model to match my subject and also preformed Inverse Kinematics, which results I want to use for the Inverse Dynamics. However, I'm getting some weird results in terms of joint moments and I fear there might be something wrong with the ground reaction forces' file that I'm inputing. Other than that, I'm have no clue as to what can be the problem. Can anyone take a look at the GRF files and tell me if there's something wrong with them? And if not, does anyone have any suggestion as to what can be wrong? In attachment you can find an example of a GRF file and some joint moments I ploted from the results I obtained from that GRF file. I really hope someone can help.

Best regards,
Adriana
Attachments
GRF_passage3.mot
(34.02 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
L_suptalar_moment.png
L_suptalar_moment.png (12.92 KiB) Viewed 402 times
L_Knee_moment.png
L_Knee_moment.png (13.13 KiB) Viewed 402 times
L_Hip_moment.png
L_Hip_moment.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 402 times
L_Ankle_moment.png
L_Ankle_moment.png (13.26 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Tags:

Quinten Humphrey

Re: Inverse Dynamics

Post by Quinten Humphrey » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Did you associate your GRF data to your IK results to ensure it was applied to the correct body part?

Adriana Jorge

Post by Adriana Jorge » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 am

Not sure, how can I do that?

Best regards,

Adriana

Quinten Humphrey

Post by Quinten Humphrey » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:21 pm

When you run the tool for Inverse KInematics, a coordinate file will load in the navigator under your model. Right-click on that and click associate motion data. Your files will open, then look for your grf file and open that. Once loaded, the grf will display green arrows. Look to see where they are and the direction the arrows are pointing.