Create a model with a torsional ankle spring

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mehran Razzaghi

Create a model with a torsional ankle spring

Post by Mehran Razzaghi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:03 am

Hello,
I want to create a model with a torsional ankle spring, according to this link: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... bolic+Cost.
but when I apply the structure there are no changes in the model and the spring will not appear. Also, in the other forces branch, there is nothing else. I attached the related pictures. Is someone help me that is there any mistake from me?
Thanks a lot.
Attachments
page.JPG
page.JPG (282.32 KiB) Viewed 305 times
my modell.JPG
my modell.JPG (411.05 KiB) Viewed 305 times

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: Create a model with a torsional ankle spring

Post by Thomas Uchida » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Do any errors appear in the Messages Window? The third line of your script is suffixing the model name with "_ankle_spring" but the name displayed in the GUI's Navigator panel is not suffixed with "_ankle_spring". Is a new model even being loaded?

Mehran Razzaghi

Post by Mehran Razzaghi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:53 am

Thanks a lot for your response.
There is no error in the massage. I attached the picture of the message.
About suffixing the model name with "_ankle_spring" exactly I agree. there are no spring forces in the navigator. there is no new model for loading. I followed the link(https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... bolic+Cost) and insert the codes according to the page. but it's not working. I don't know which step is the error.
Attachments
massage.JPG
massage.JPG (347.78 KiB) Viewed 172 times

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:14 am

Hello,

The scripting shell in the last screen capture doesn't show that you executed the script that adds the ankleSpring. I'd make sure to execute the GUI script one line at a time and check for errors. You could save the model after adding the spring to a file (using model.print() call) and then you can check the file to see if it gets printed and if it has the spring before loading it into the GUI.

Please let us know what you find out.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Mehran Razzaghi

Post by Mehran Razzaghi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:53 am

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for your guide. Finally, I did it. I copied each line of the codes one by one and then pasted it in the ScriptingShell window. and at the end, the new model appeared on the GUI. I attached the result of it.
Just one other thing, when I tried to change the colour or opacity of the AnkleLimitSpringDamper in the Navigator>walk_subject01_ankle_spring>Forces>Other Forces, there is no changes appear in the GUI. why did it not change?
Attachments
insert one by one.JPG
insert one by one.JPG (453.78 KiB) Viewed 130 times

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:23 am

Hi Mehran,

Glad we sorted this out.

As to the color/opacity, some components in the model (nodes in the navigator tree) correspond to visual representation while others don't. CoordinateLimitForce has no associated visual representation, as such changing color/opacity would have no visual effect. The property that a component/Force has visuals associated with it is built into the component itself by the component designer (e.g. Constraints and Controllers have no visuals but Markers and Frames do).

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Mehran Razzaghi

Post by Mehran Razzaghi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:54 am

Thanks for your kind response. Ok. I got it. you are right. this was really helpful.
Best regards