Probe Reporter on Moco Solution

OpenSim Moco is a software toolkit to solve optimal control problems with musculoskeletal models defined in OpenSim using the direct collocation method.
Luke Jessup

Probe Reporter on Moco Solution

Post by Luke Jessup » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Anyone have experience running the probe reporter (analyze tool) on their solution from moco?
I've attempted with the controls and states (example files attached) generated by moco, which does output metabolics, but the outputted motion shows the model contorting. Is there anything that I might be missing when it comes to prepping the controls and states from moco for the probe reporter?
(I am using the Umberger 2010 Probe)

Thank you,
Luke
Attachments
controls.txt
(198.98 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
states.txt
(218.42 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Nicholas Bianco

Re: Probe Reporter on Moco Solution

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Luke,

The ProbeReporter shouldn't change the kinematics of your solution. When you visualize the states that you input to the reporter, do the kinematics look normal? Are you using the AnalyzeTool via the GUI? How are you setting it up?

-Nick

Luke Jessup

Post by Luke Jessup » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Thanks for your reply, Nick!

I had another look and realised that I misplaced a few values when I was compiling the states file - all is working now.
One other query that I have, is that when I load the probed model with DGF muscles into the opensim GUI I receive warning messages about muscles/actuators not being found and being ignored. Might this just be because opensim doesn't recognise DGF muscles, as the output from the probe reporter still gives me values alike https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... bolic+Cost, and when I try with Millard muscles these warning messages don't appear... or is this likely because of something else?

Cheers

Nicholas Bianco

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi Luke,

If you're using one of the more recent versions of OpenSim, which include Moco, the GUI should recognize the DGF muscles and not throw those errors. Glad you're getting realistic values either way though.

-Nick

Luke Jessup

Post by Luke Jessup » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:46 pm

That was it. Thanks, Nick.