not accurate results from Moco Track

OpenSim Moco is a software toolkit to solve optimal control problems with musculoskeletal models defined in OpenSim using the direct collocation method.
Nicholas Bianco

Re: not accurate results from Moco Track

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi Mohammad,

Are the problems you run in 4.2/4.3 actually converging? The "constant" ankle angle result might be that the problem is failing on the first iteration, where the initial guess is the midpoint value between the bounds.

Perhaps you could provide the log files for the 4.2/4.3 solution so I can see error messages and anything else that may be useful for debugging here.

-Nick

Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh

Post by Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm

Hi Nick,
i was not sure how to get the log file. i just ran the code from conda prompt and copy and paste the solver log info
hope that helps
i really appreciate your help.
Attachments
log.txt
(15.98 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Nicholas Bianco

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 am

Hi Mohammad,

Well it looks like your problem is converging. I see you're applying external loads to the model, are these used for your platform perturbation? Or are you using a prescribed motion for that? It would be helpful to explain your model and the problem you are trying to solve so I can help troubleshoot.

-Nick

Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh

Post by Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:04 am

Hi,
The external forces are ground reaction forces from Vicon.
for the perturbation I prescribed the platform motion based on experimental data ( the prescribed motion is compatible with the data i want to track)

Nicholas Bianco

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:06 pm

Hi Mohammad,

Is it possible to track joint coordinates and velocities rather than marker data? Another user on the forum has been having issues with marker tracking problems (including a Moco example), something might be broken in the MocoMarkerTrackingGoal.

Best,
-Nick

Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh

Post by Mohammad RahimiGoloujeh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 am

Hello,
Thank you for your reply,
I am going to get the inverse solution based on the markers and use the resultant joint coordinates to track and will tell you the results
thank you

Nicholas Bianco

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Fri May 27, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi Mohammad,

I recently found a bug related to marker tracking MocoTrack. If this was causing your problems, you can find a workaround for it on this post: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=1815&t=14612&p=42525&start=0&view=.

Best,
Nick