Orientation reference file

OpenSim Moco is a software toolkit to solve optimal control problems with musculoskeletal models defined in OpenSim using the direct collocation method.
Grace M

Orientation reference file

Post by Grace M » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:50 am

Hi there,

I am trying to track IMU orientations and have tried to write an .sto rotations file manually to set as a refererence using setRotationReferenceFile as I understand setting a rotation table directly is not implmented in MATLAB yet. Is this possible and if so what is the correct file format? I have attached an example file where I have tried setting Datatype=Rotation but am running into the error: "Datatype 'rotation' is not supported."

Thanks!
Attachments
rotations.txt
(27.36 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Nicholas Bianco

Re: Orientation reference file

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:21 pm

Hi Grace,

It might be looking for Datatype 'SimTK::Rotation', but I'm not sure that will work. I'm also worried about creating a table manually like you did; it's very easy to make formatting mistakes when constructing STO files like that.

I think the best way to address this is to fix the bindings. Unfortunately for you that means waiting for an updated version of OpenSim. However, you can always download the latest build from OpenSim's GitHub page, so you could get the fix right after we implement it, instead of waiting for OpenSim 4.4. I will (try) to let you know whenever this change is made, hopefully soon.

Best,
-Nick

Grace M

Re: Orientation reference file

Post by Grace M » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Thanks Nick!
I will keep an eye on the Github/look out for your update.

Cheers,
Grace