Control COnstraints CMC

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Christian Greve

Control COnstraints CMC

Post by Christian Greve » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:44 am

Dear OpenSim Team,

I am using CMC to compute muscle and ligament forces during gait. I am interested in the effect of adding EMG-based control constraints. So I add the EMG based control constraints in the CMC tool. The tool is finishing but there is no difference in the activations when I do or do not add control constraints.

Thinks I already checked:
1. The constraints do not resemble the original acitvations too much
2. I load the constraints file in the tool and do not manually adjust the excitations without saving and re-loading
3. The .xml file has the same structure as the example files provided in the tutorial, except for the default description.

Do you have any suggestion?

Kind regards

Christian

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: Control COnstraints CMC

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:44 am

The Messages Window may provide some useful information. You could also try comparing your files to those from an existing simulation that uses Control Constraints (e.g., https://simtk.org/projects/runningsim).

Christian Greve

Re: Control COnstraints CMC

Post by Christian Greve » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:54 am

Thank you.

Regarding the Messages window: the simulation finishes fine so I do not receive any error message. I also see no warnings concerning the constraints file.
Regarding existing files: I modify the output from a successful CMC solution.....so the file should be fine I guess. Also it has the same structure as the example files in for example the gait2354 folder.

Could it be useful to limit the constraints file only to those activations which I actually manipulated?

Regards

Christian