Matlab API crash Linux

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Carlie Ede

Matlab API crash Linux

Post by Carlie Ede » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:01 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently attempting to have opensim built on my university's high performance computer and have hit a bit of a wall in trying to get the matlab API to work.

The HPC runs CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core), matlab 2018a, and attempting to build OpenSim 4.3.

The command line tools function without error and the matlab bindings have been set up so I can access the functions within matlab. I can load and manipulate the functions fine. When I attempt to run/solve a tool matlab crashes, the tool starts successfully then prints 'KILLED' on the terminal (see attached image). Matlab crash dump files are created but they a empty, so I haven't been able to find the cause. The Inverse dynamics tool runs in matlab without error, matlab only appears to crash on optimsation based tools, which leads me to think we have done something wrong with the build/bindings? but the same tools run fine in the command line and all scripts/files run successfully on windows, so I'm confused...

I have tried preloading the libstdc++.so library as previously discussed (viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=7165&p=0&star ... 853196bf1e), but with no change.

I am hoping someone might know something that I don't or able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Carlie.
Attachments
ik crash.PNG
ik crash.PNG (39.47 KiB) Viewed 250 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Matlab API crash Linux

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi Carlie,

I doubt that the issue is with building/linking the bindings. If a library can't be found you likely can't run at all rather than crash on a specific call sequence. If you share a small code snippet we maybe able to help you out. The usual culprit is memory management issues where objects get deleted more than once.

Best regards,
-Ayman